Saturday, December 22, 2007

TRIATHLETE??? ME??????

Current mood: energetic

OK well here's the deal... I'm reading this amazing book that is super motivating called "Slow Fat Triathlete" I've been somewhat intrigued by the running world lately and have done my first "training" with the couch to 5K program in hopes to run a 5K sometime this coming summer. Seeing as I've never run unless someone has been chasing me since I was forced to run a mile in elementary school I'm a LITTLE rusty with it but the program seems reasonably easy and I have been working out with a new personal trainer and since I have a little bit of a new body and smaller up top to worry about I think I can swing training for a 5k without killing myself. BUT I just started reading this book and I'm a little interested.... this woman in the book started running at the age of 40 and she was VERY overweight and worked a cubicle job... I'm way more active than that! In just a few years she was running half triathlons!! I had no idea there were multiple versions but there are some that are a 400m swim, a 6.2 mile bike and a 3.1 mile run..... that seems achieveable so long as I'm not going for speed or time I think I can pull that off so here's my first thought of it... ask me about it... keep me motivated. I'd really like to say I do a sprint (short) triathlon within the next 2 years. 3 years max. I'll log my progress here so those of you that are intersted will be able to see my ?progress? and foibles with a WETSUIT???? ok well that's the thought. wish me luck!!!

Currently reading : Slow Fat Triathlete: Live Your Athletic Dreams in the Body You Have Now By Jayne Williams Release date: 18 March, 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home