Sunday, December 30, 2007

It's official!!

I've officially registered for the timberman sprint distance triathlon!!

http://www.timbermantri.com/timbershort.html

I'm a little worried about the biking but am confident with the swimming and think if I make it through the swim and bike I'll be numb enough to finish the short 5k run! I've already started training on the bike (ouch my buttocks!) and have been swimming as well. 22 lengths of the YMCA pool is 1/3 mile which is the swim distance so I'm sure it'll be easy as I already can do that with little trouble. I've always been a fish (picean too!). I'm gonna buy a fancy pair of sneakers for the running part of my training but gonna do that a little down the line... maybe a few credit card statements from now. I'm gonna get personally fit from a shoe guy at the local running store runner's alley so that I don't do damage to my already messed up limbs. I am also debating on getting a wetsuit as the water is from 70-77 degrees which I didn't think was too cold until I went swimming today at the YMCA and she told me the chilly water was a balmy 82 degrees!! YIKES!! usually it's around 88 but the heater was broken. I'll freeze my butt off in 70 degree water!!! oh well. I've gotta find some bike shorts too to save my buttocks!!

I'm planning on camping out there for the few days of the timberfest likely friday night and saturday night. sunday is the olympic distance race and some more of the festivities so I'll look into that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Delenn said...

Wow! Major cool! If we can, we will go root for ya!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home