Sunday, January 13, 2008

HOW LONG???

So on with my training for the triathlon. not long to go now! My Iaido class was cancelled today because my sensei went to maryland for a seminar so I figured I'd torture myself with a spinning class and then do some lifting since I'm still working with my personal trainer too. Well I bought a gel seat to help me with the bicycle butt which by the way is helping immensely so I go to class at 8:05 (it started at 8:15 but you have to set up your bike and warm up first) and put my gel seat cover on and set my bike up. got my feet into the cages on the pedals and started to warm up. I was surprised there weren't that many people there but this was a new teacher so I was excited. I planned on trying to make it through the full hour now with the gel seat as I've been leaving class early due to misery with bicycle butt. The bikes start to fill... everyone has those clip shoes and fancy bike gear but I'm not intimidated till the instructor starts chatting along saying "ok everyone are we ready? This is a 2 hour class today so I hope you have your water" TWO HOURS!!! I thought she was joking... I was the only one giggling so I asked her..... "did you just say 2 hours?" My shock was obvious because she asked me if I'd ever been to sunday spinning class which of course I hadn't because I was always in Iaido class. This being only my 3rd spinning class ever I was instantly HORRIFIED! She asked me if I was new to this and I said I was VERY new and everyone stared at me many with a creepy grin. I was determined now. I was going to do as much of this class as I could. She suggested that I leave and cool down after an hour. I planned on it. After all that was really my plan to begin with. I was then thinking THANK GOD I ate a banana and had a protein shake before class because I needed the energy. Usually I don't eat before a morning workout because I like to kick start my metabolism with fat burning aerobic and anerobbic exercises. Well Long story short... I MADE IT THE FULL 2 HOURS!! my butt was sore but not horrible but I chose to hold off on the weight lifting today. I can do it tomorrow and by the time class was over I WAS STARVED as I definately spent every ounce of energy I had. I felt great and there were 2 other girls along with the instructor that when class was over asked me how I was feeling and I amazingly said GREAT! they inquired why I was there and why I didn't leave at 1 hour and I explained that I was training for a triathlon to which 2 of the girls said they wanted to do the timberman too! HOW COOL! I took myself out for an omlet at the red arrow and allowed myself the hashbrowns (needed a little carb to get that protein into my muscles). I'll be sore tomorrow but wow was that cool. OH also I was informed that the workout today was likely longer than the 16 miles that I will have to bike for the triathlon. I'm well on my way!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home