Monday, January 28, 2008

Iaido seminar! (japanese swordsmanship)




So I went to an Iaido seminar this last weekend in NY. This first picture was just a cool photo that was a little messed up but I loved it. THe seminar was a blast and just what I needed to rekindle my interests. I've been a little flat in the martial arts category lately I think because it's always the same 3 of us and I needed to see more people. WELL this was it! I went to this seminar and for this whole weekend I did nothing but Iaido! What a RUSH!!! NOW I remember why I love this stuff.



The energy in the room was unbelieveable and the guys from our dojo are a blast to hang out with. Also being the only girl in this area to train it's nice to see some other women practicing what is mainly a man's sport in this area. It's powerful to know that some of the high ranking sensei are women.



I didn't test but the judges were looking a little overwhelming.



Kato sensei was the main sensei running the seminar. He holds the rank of Hachidan (8th degree black belt). WOW!



This guy was unbelieveable and a real inspiration. The picture isn't that great but I bet you can figure out that he has no use of his left arm and he has a fake right leg yet he can still wield a sword like nobody's business. Kudos to him!!!



Until next time... HAVE FUN!!! Peace!

2 Comments:

Blogger Delenn said...

Very cool photos! I esp. liked the first one! I am glad you had a great time!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Delenn said...

You need to update your blog, girl....

:-)

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home